- February 18, 2018 CHICAGO, IL One Day Figure Workshop! Old Town Art Center www.oldtowntriangle.com Contact Barbara Guttmann: email@example.com Join Tom as we explore the joy of painting the clothed figure. We will use photographic references for this workshop. This workshop is open to painters of all levels.
- March 13-16, 2018 PALM DESERT, CA Coachella Valley Watercolor Society www.cvws.org Contact Diane Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 10-12, 2018 HOT SPRINGS, AR Brushstrokes Art Club www.hsvbrushstrokes.com Contact Gary Weeter: email@example.com
- May 30-June 1, 2018 ELLISON BAY, WI Contact Tom: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are looking for a sprintime painting get-a-way, this is a wonderful opportunity. For the past 8 years, Tom has hosted a spring workshop near his home in Ellison Bay, on the Door County peninsula. Door County is known for its charming lakeside villages and picturesque landscape. Unrivaled in the Midwest for its natural beauty, the Door County peninsula provides a perfect environment for painters. Come paint with Tom in, what has often been called, the "Cape Cod of the Midwest!" This workshop is always popular. Avoid disappointment and register soon!
- June 11-14, 2018 BATTLE LAKE, MN This workshop is full. Art of the Lakes www.artofthelakes.org Contact Jody Augustadt: email@example.com
- July 16-18, 2018 CHICAGO, IL Old Town Art Center www.oldtowntriangle.com Contact Barbara Guttmann: firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-337-1938 This workshop will be in the beautiful and historic Old Town district of Chicago. Located on the near north side of Chicago, the Art Center is in walking distance to an abundance of shops and eateries, numerous parks, the Lake Michigan lakefront, and the Lincoln Park Zoo. One day of plein air painting at The Park at Wrigley (Home of the Chicago Cubs!) may be scheduled. Check back for updates!
Click here for more information.
- August 1-3, 2018 VALPARAISO, IN Art Barn www.artbarnschool.org Contact Julia Holmaas: email@example.com
- September 17-20, 2018 KANSAS CITY, MO Contact Barbara Neth: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 16-19, 2018 McCOMB, MS Waiting List Contact Susy Sanders: email@example.com
New workshops are always welcomed. To schedule a workshop with your organization, contact Tom (708) 799-8161 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom’s energetic teaching style and his passion for painting combine to create a workshop experience that is enjoyable and informative. Any artist looking to break free of a careful, timid painting process will find Tom's direct and representational approach very inspirational. Utilizing his ability to clearly explain visual concepts, Tom will share his approach and methods for painting bold and interpretive watercolors. Within this process, students will learn how to create stronger, more effective visual statements. Each morning will begin with a discussion covering various topics and culminating in a demonstration that allows participants to see how Tom approaches a work from start to finish. Subject matter may include landscapes, street scenes with people and the clothed figure. Ample opportunity is provided for everyone to paint with individual direction/guidance a priority. Each day will end with a class critique to afford students the opportunity to learn from the works of others. Tom welcomes all painters regardless of experience.
Tom Francesconi aws, nws, twsa